Great hair means a great deal of work and usually that work consists of damaging chemicals and heat usage. There are many great remedies that can be done at salons or in the comfort of your own home that can greatly reduce hair damage and even help prevent it in the first place. Amazingly enough, many of these treatments are very inexpensive and can be made from ingredients in your very own kitchen. Here are 10 of the best at home hair treatments around:
1. You may have heard about a mayo, egg, or olive oil at home treatment, but why choose just one of these nourishing ingredients when you can mix all three? Combine a 1/2 cup of room temperature mayo, with a 1/2 cup of olive oil and 3 eggs in a bowl and thoroughly mix. Apply the mixture to dry hair, heavily saturating the ends and rinse out after 10 to 20 minutes. Shampoo the remainder out of your hair and gently towel dry.
2. Don't throw away those over ripe fruits! Instead of throwing away a banana or avocado that has sat out to long, mix them together for an awesome treatment. Take over ripe bananas and avocados and mix them together in a bowl with olive oil. Apply this treatment to damp hair and let it sit for 20 minutes. Finish by rinsing the treatment out with cold water for extra shine.
3. To add strength and moisture apply a 1/2 cup of honey into your hair. Since honey can get rather sticky, you can also apply a small amount of olive oil to help cut through it so it will rinse out more easily.
4. After you have shampooed and conditioned your hair mix a 1/2 cup of apple cider vinegar with a 1/2 cup of cold water and apply over hair. Rinse out the mixture after 5 minutes. This treatment is very effective but can smell quite pungent. You can also mix this with equal parts water in a spray bottle to treat an itchy scalp. Simply spritz the mixture on your roots for relief.
5. To add crucial nutrients back into your hair, mix 1/4 avocado with 1/2 a banana and a tablespoon of yogurt in a bowl. Apply this mixture to your hair and let it sit for 20 minutes. The vitamins contained in these ingredients will greatly help moisturize your hair. Rather than tossing the remainder of the ingredients use some of them to whip up a healthy snack or make another batch of the hair treatment for a friend.
6. Beer contains a great deal of ingredients that can be very beneficial in hair repair. If your hair is very dry, using a beer hair treatment can help clarify and detangle it. Beer actually contains a great deal of protein from the hops and barley used to create it which enhances the moisture in hair and helps give it strength. You can do this treatment one time a week after you have shampooed your hair. Pour the entire bottle of beer down your hair, massage it in, and thoroughly rinse it out to for shiny tresses.
7. Another home remedy is a mixture of avocado, olive oil, and baking powder. Avocados are one of the greatest moisturizers and by mashing one with a tablespoon of baking powder and a tablespoon of olive oil you can do major damage control. If you apply this mixture to your hair for 15 minutes you will see a noticeable difference in the moisturization of your hair.
9. Coconut oil is a great hair treatment and it is used in a number of products that are meant for hair repair. Take 3 tablespoons of this concentrated oil and microwave it until it heats up enough to liquify. Once it is in liquid form make sure that the temperature is not too hot to apply to your head. Mix one egg with the warm liquid and apply it all over your hair, especially on the ends. Cover your hair with a shower cap or saran wrap to warm the product and lock in moisture. For a deep conditioning, leave the product on for 30-40 minutes and then thoroughly rinse it out of your hair.
10. By coating your hair with a cucumber, egg, and olive oil hair treatment you can rejuvenate your hair and bring back the softness. Throw a 1/4 of a cucumber, an egg, and a tablespoon of olive oil into a blender and blend thoroughly. Then, spread the mixture over your hair and leave on for 10 minutes. Rinse the mix out of your hair.
11. If you don't have time to be mixing up hair treatment concoctions, there are plenty of ingredients that can be used by themselves to improve the condition of your hair. You can simply take a mashed up avocado and spread it throughout your hair to add moisture back in or you can run a couple tablespoons of olive oil throughout the ends to add shine. Most of the ingredients listed are fairly inexpensive and simple to make but using just one of these two ingredients as a mask can give you great results and bring back the health to your hair.
Like this Article? Share on Facebook. © Hairpedia.com