1. As with any surgery, you are taking a risk being under anesthesia. Some people can have unexpected allergic reactions to the anesthesia. That is one reason why it is very important to go a cosmetic surgeon that performs your breast augmentation at a hospital.
2. Breast Implants also do not last forever and occasionally do rupture. If a saline breast implant breaks your body will absorb the harmless saline within hours. Surgery would then be required to replace the broken implant.
3. Another risk associated with breast augmentation surgery is a condition known as "capsular contracture". Capsular contracture occurs when the scar tissue surrounding tighten and hardens. Surgery may be required to remove the scar tissue.
4. Infections around the implants can also be a very big risk and will most likely occur within the first few weeks, if ever. Usually infections can be treated with anti-biotics but sometimes if the infection is very serious the implant may need to be removed.
5. There is also a possibility of lessened sensitivity of the nipple or loss of feeling completely in around the nipple or other parts of the breast.
Discuss with your plastic surgeon of all risks or side effects of your plastic surgery procedure. Different breast augmentation procedures may have different risks.